Friday, February 3, 2012

Post surgery

Mom's pacemaker install went well and she's doing good. I haven't been by to see her since but Jackie, my sister-in-law and my dad were there when she came out and said she looks good. Things are looking up for her. She will have her left arm put into a sling for 3 weeks (is that what they said?) which will be hard for her but neccessary to keep the pacer in place.

Earlier she wrote things down and wanted to know if the Super Bowl was coming up and then asked if she'd still be in the hospital. Yes and yes. We are going to move the party to my house instead of hers, that way we can change off on visitors. Dad said he had a Super Bowl sweatshirt for her and she shook her head, no, she didn't want one. Ha ha, does anyone?

As she gets better I may not post every day. So to my twice daily readers (Steph-that's you) you have some free time on your hands.

Have a good weekend friends!

3 comments:

alecia said...

I'm a twice daily reader, too! Thank you so much, Emilee! We will continue to pray for her.

lady di said...

Me too Emilee. Thank you so much--it means a great deal to me. Give her a kiss from me whenever you can!

Shill and Company said...

I'm so glad that she is doing better Em. What a relief!