Saturday, February 18, 2012

Long time coming

Bonnie is finally being moved to the Avalon Care Facility in Bountiful sometime today.
She had her throat injected to help with swallowing on Wednesday but by Thursday she still wasn't able to swallow liquids well enough to start food. So they will check again on her swallowing next week and continue with her feeding tube. Either way she can have thicker items like pudding, apple sauce etc . . . 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
No results yet on the bluge in her neck that they removed fluid from during the same ENT procedure on Wednesday night.
Mom is doing well and can get around with a walker fairly well. Sometimes she gets ahead of herself but probably will be able to go to a cane soon. She is still on oxygen off an on. Her levels get really low when she moves around.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I reached my own breaking point this week. I can't get to it all while I spend hours at the hospital and run kids back and forth. Wish I could get to everything but realized somethings are going to have to wait. So for now this will be updated as much as possible while my kids don't cry and scream and pull my hands off the key board. LOL.

If you'd like to visit Bonnie in Bountiful the address is 523 No Main. Ask for her room number when you go in. But give her a day to get settled in and look around. Sunday should be fine to visit.

Happy Saturday, off to the hospital. Will try to see her again after the move if I can squeeze in an extra half hour from the day.

No comments: