Monday, February 6, 2012

Little loopy

Bonnie is going through medication withdrawl and is a bit, well, loopy. She's hallucinating badly and thinks all sorts of crazy things. I actually worried about what she'd do next while I visited. She's pulling on her wrist restaints, undoing the ties and trying to remove them to the point where she's bruising herself. She kept asking me if I had any scissors and she's discovered she's only wearing a hospital gown. That makes her uncomfortable. She didn't know where she was or who's room she was in. And then there's the abduction story, let's just say if she'd said Aliens took her it would have made more sense.

The nurses say this is normal and it should be a few more days of this. When it is over she can be moved out of the ICU to a normal hospital room. But for now she's being watched constantly.

A speech therapist came in to see how she was recovering from the breathing tube damage. Mom's muscles were not strong enough to swallow so they will try again tomorrow and see how she does.



February 5, 2012, as Marci put it, "High as a Kite"


2 comments:

AdVenture said...

Wow! Bonnie is looking so much better! It looks like her color is coming back and the swelling is down. I'm so glad that she is on the mending path.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Heather

Linda Neff said...

Thanks for your updates